- COVID-19 Updates
July 14, 2020
July 10, 2020
June 12, 2020
- Emergency Declaration and Order Set to Expire Press Release (PDF)
- Mayoral Advisory June 12, 2020 (PDF)
June 11, 2020
Due to technical difficulties, the City Council Work Session was not live steamed. You can watch a recording of the meeting here. We apologize for any inconvenience.
June 5, 2020
Effective Monday, June 8, St Joseph Transit will resume normal bus service. Social distancing measures will be in place and regular cleaning and sanitizing of the buses, stops and transfer stations will remain in effect.
June 3, 2020
The city of St. Joseph Health Department, in collaboration with Northwest Health Services will be providing drive-thru COVID-19 tests for 400 residents on Tuesday, June 9, from 2-7pm. The testing is open to all Missouri residents regardless of whether they have symptoms. This is active COVID-19 testing, not antibody testing. Before being tested, please register online or by calling 877-435-8411. The location and appointment time will be provided after completing the registration.
Participants will have the opportunity to set up a secure online user ID at a portal provided by the processing lab, Quest Diagnostic, to access their test results. Those whose test results are positive for COVID-19 will receive a call from their local health department.
May 28, 2020
- Extension of Fifth Amended Declaration and Order Press Release May 28, 2020 (PDF)
- Extension of Fifth Amended Declaration and Order May 28, 2020 (PDF)
May 22, 2020
May 19, 2020
May 18, 2020
May 14, 2020
- Fifth Amended Declaration and Order Press Release May 14, 2020 (PDF)
- Executed Fifth Amended Declaration and Order May 14, 2020 (PDF)
- Bar and Tavern Requirements Sign (PDF)
May 12, 2020
A drive-thru only COVID-19 testing site for Buchanan County residents will be held on Saturday, May 16 and Sunday, May 17 from 8am-4pm at Mosaic Life Care. Approximately 2,000 tests will be provided by the state of Missouri.
- Testing will take place in the parking garage located on the northeast side of the hospital.
- Vehicles should enter off of Heartland Drive by Plaza 2.
- Testing will be available at no cost for individuals over the age of 18 regardless of symptoms.
- Please only have passengers in the vehicle who are being tested.
- All individuals being tested will be asked to stay in their vehicle at all times and should be registered separately.
- Tests used will be a nasopharyngeal swab.
- Before being tested, please register online at https://www.mymlc.com/General/coronavirus-covid-19/ or by calling (877) 435-8411, option 3. Phone-based translation services are available by calling to register.
- Once samples are collected, they will be sent to Quest Diagnostics for testing. Results should be available within 72 hours after testing.
- Please consider being a Hunger Hero by donating shelf-stable foods at the exit of the testing site. Donations will go to help fill The Crossing Nutrition Center.
Quest Diagnostics will also provide results via an online portal at QuestDiagnostics.com/MyQuest. Additionally, negative test results may be mailed directly to the patient upon request. Those with positive results will receive a call from a Mosaic Life Care nurse with further instructions.
May 11, 2020
Garage sale licenses can now be issued providing applicants follow the guidelines (PDF) and post the requirements for customers to view.
May 6, 2020
May 1, 2020
- Business Requirements Sign (PDF)
- Retail Business Requirements Sign (PDF)
- Restaurant Requirements Signs (PDF)
- Recreation Venue Requirements Sign (PDF)
- Fitness Center and Gym Requirements Sign (PDF)
- Salon, Tattoo Parlor and Contact-to-Contact Requirements Sign (PDF)
April 30, 2020
- Fourth Amended Declaration and Order Press Release (PDF)
- Fourth Amended Declaration and Order April 30, 2020 (PDF)
- State Show Me Strong Recovery Phase I Guidance (PDF)
- State Order April 27, 2020 (PDF)
April 28, 2020
The City Council is holding a work session on Thursday, April 30, to discuss the status of the Emergency Declaration and Order which is set to expire at 11:59pm on May 3. Residents wishing to comment on this topic can do so via email at COVID19@stjoemo.org. All comments submitted by 8am, Thursday, April 30, will be made available to City Council prior to the work session which begins at 4pm. The work session will be streamed on the city’s website.
April 25, 2020
April 23, 2020
- The Third Amended Declaration and Order Extended (PDF)
- Triumph Employees to be Tested for COVID-19 (PDF)
April 17, 2020
April 10, 2020
April 2, 2020
March 31, 2020
- Third Amended Declaration and Order Press Release (PDF)
- March 31, 2020 Third Amended Declaration and Order (PDF)
- Homeland Security Guidance (PDF)
- ATC’s Response to COVID-19 (PDF)
March 30, 2020
March 29, 2020
March 27, 2020
- St. Joseph Confirms Two Positive Cases of COVID-19 March 27, 2020 (PDF)
- Message from Mayor Bill McMurray Following Two Confirmed Cases
March 26, 2020
March 25, 2020
March 23, 2020
- Reissued Second Amended Declaration and Order Press Release (PDF)
- March 23, 2020 Second Amended Declaration and Order Press Release (PDF)
- March 23, 2020 City Council Meeting Closed to Public (PDF)
- Spring 2020 Clean Sweep Cancelled (PDF)
March 22, 2020
March 21, 2020
- Second Amended Declaration and Order Press Release (PDF)
- March 21, 2020 Second Amended Declaration and Order (PDF)
March 20, 2020
- Public Playgrounds Closed (PDF)
- Cancellation of Household Hazardous Waste & Electronics Collection (PDF)
March 19, 2020
March 18, 2020
- March 18, 2020 Amended Declaration and Order Press Release (PDF)
- March 18, 2020 Amended Declaration and Order (PDF)
March 16, 2020
Mayor Bill McMurray has signed a Declaration of Local Emergency for the City of St. Joseph. “Commencing immediately, all in-person gatherings of fifty people or more within the City of St. Joseph, Missouri, shall be prohibited for eight weeks, except when such gatherings occur in the day-to-day operations of organizations such as schools, institutes of higher learning, or businesses.”